I'm not quite sure where to begin with acknowledging June. It started off busy, which then set the precedent for the rest of the month. I don't feel like I've stopped.
A lot seems to have happened in the small space of 30 days, that I've really struggled with writing it all down this month. So, to spare everyone my rambling, I'm sticking with bullet points.
- I started off the month in London with work for IMATS and Graduate Fashion Week.
- Headed back up to London a few days later for Here 2016, a super cool symposium curated by It's Nice That.
- A few more work related events including Summer Shows and Open Days.
- The return of OITNB aka the most I've cried at a TV show in a long time.
- More birthdays
- Back in London to see Aladdin the musical. Good, but not as good as Lion King.
- I read some great things including Laura Jane William's Becoming and most of the archives of She Did What She Wanted.
- We then rounded the month off with Graduation. Working at it. Not mine, I missed the boat on that one.
The thing is, whilst June has been a whirlwind of things happening in my life, it's also been a whirlwind of things happening in the world. Or I suppose maybe hurricane would be more apt.
June has felt like a never-ending series of waking up to more and more heartbreaking news each day. I've spent a lot of it angry and the rest of it sad and disappointed. There are a lot of thoughts going on in my brain right now, which I think warrant more than just a mention at the end of a monthly round-up. So, if angry rants about the state of the world are something you're after, please do stay tuned.