I've been feeling kind of sad lately and, a week ago, I was adamant that I wasn't going to write about my year like I usually do. Having not had the best year, the last thing I wanted to do was dwell on Brexit, the multitude of heartbreaking situations around the world, and all the ways my year could have panned out for the better.
But I do like having things to look back on. So instead of analysing each week and month and season, I made a list of things that I did/saw/read/liked that were actually pretty good.
Things from 2016
- I bought a new car and saw a really nice sunset on the way to pick it up
- I visited the Harry Potter studio tour. Twice.
- I managed to keep my cat alive for a whole year
- At work, we completed two (almost three) issues of One Piece of Advice magazine
- My best friend made me the best birthday cake
- I bought a lot of shiny shoes. See here. And here. And here.
- I visited Santorini, Amsterdam, Manchester (and won some awards), Durdle Door and Brownsea Island, as well as heading back to Brighton and Bristol.
- I did something outside may comfort zone and it wasn't that scary
- I bought an electric blanket. It changed my life.
- Gilmore Girls. Need I say more?
- I also read some nice things (both online and off) including: A Series of Firsts by Charlotte, Becoming by Laura, And then Some by Kelsey and, most recently, Why are we so obsessed with time? by Lauren
So, you know, not all bad.